Friday, April 2, 2010

Can't open commenting toolbar/stamp...

We have several Acrobat 8 installations at the same revision level (fully updated) and about 1/2 of them don't have the option to open the commenting tool bar from which we need the stamp tool within a browser. If we open a pdf directly from Acrobat, the commenting tool bar and stamp tool are available. This is a doctor's office, so faxes and other forms for patients are embedded into the web-based application, and I don't know of a way to open these pdf's outside of the web browser. I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to what I can try.

Thanks - Allyn

Can't open commenting toolbar/stamp...

If you right click on the link of the pdf file you can save it to the desktop or my documents and open them from there in Acrobat. If you go to Acrobat's preferences in the Internet pane, you should be able to unclick the checkbox for opening pdfs in the browser. From then on if you click on the url of a pdf file, it should open directly in Acrobat I would think (...not on my PC to check).

No comments:

Post a Comment