Friday, April 2, 2010

How do I....

Use the flash CS4 tool's on a bitmap image after tracing the bitmap image and applying my settings?

Thank you, Darius.

How do I....

what tool are you having trouble using?

How do I....

All of them, really. The tool's that I wish to use with the image are the bone tool, and selection tool.

what happens when you click on your shape with the selection tool?

A blue box just surrounds the image. With the bone tool it say's ''The shape is too complex, please optimize or convert to a movie clip.''

you didn't convert it to a vector then.?if you convert it to a vector and then click on it, you'll select only the pixels in the selected shape.

I'm sure I have, when converting it to a vector do you click Modify - Bitmap - Trace Bitmap? If so I have completed this task.

If this is wrong could you please tell me the correct way, thank you.

that's the correct way (assuming you clicked ok in the trace bitmap dialogue window) to convert an on-stage object.?your bitmap is still a bitmap but the converted object is now a vector so if you click on that on-stage object you will only select a portion of the pixels.?correct?

Yes this is correct =] But what about the error meassage that I get when using the bone tool?

I have just found out what how I can use the bone tool on a bitmap image without even changing it to a vector!

You right click on your image and then click break apart, and I can now use the bone tool successfully on my bitmap image.

Thank you for your help.

you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment