Friday, April 2, 2010

Http request without tabs

I have some code in my app applied to a button that opens a specific website based on what a user enters elsewhere in the app however each time if I click the button once it works fine as in Internet Explorer opens and displays the relevant page however if I then click the button further times pages get opened up in new 'tabs' in explorer rather than opening a new instance of IE altogether. Problem is that my application is a full screen AIR app so only the first instance of IE opens up and appears in front of the application but as I browse back to the app and click the button more times the tabbed pages can't even be seen behind my application

I have put '_blank' in so I can't understand why it is happening. Here's the line:-

click=''{navigateToURL(new URLRequest('http://' + websiteLinkLabel.text),'_blank')}''

Http request without tabs

I now realise it's to do with the app being in air that tabs get brought up rather than new Internet Explorer windows. Seems like there isn't any way to override this like there is with flex apps.

Http request without tabs

Yes! This is not possible.

So the available alternate, that you can use is create a page with javascript, and the page containing javascript should set self as popup, possibly with custom height , width and so!

Of course, this is a work around.

No comments:

Post a Comment