Friday, April 2, 2010

Space key in Bridge CS4

I see from a previous post (and notes at http://www.completedigitalphotography.com/?p=550) that the Space key is supposed to put Bridge into full screen mode. What happens on my computer is that Bridge hides the menu bar, but leaves the bridge window as a normal Macintosh window (doesn't even change the window's size). More frustrating is that I can't get out of it--neither pressing the Space key or the Escape key restores the menu, and I have to quit Bridge.

I would consult the manual, but the downloadable Bridge manual bridge_versioncue_cs4_help.pdf doesn't even mention the Space key or the Menu bar.

Any thoughts?

A

Space key in Bridge CS4

First thing to try鈥攁s always鈥攊s to reset your Bridge preferences by holding down the Option key as you launch Bridge.

Space key in Bridge CS4

Thank you. I thought I had fixed the preferences by deleting com.adobe.bridge3.plist from ~/Library/Preferences, but obviously that didn't do the trick.

聽 ''.plist'' files are not the preferences.聽

In retrospect, obviously--I wonder why Adobe puts them in the Preferences folder, in a format used for preferences?

鈥ecause they're part of and associated with preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment