Friday, April 2, 2010

Tab going to page 2 on opening

More tab fun...

Can't track this one down. If I leave tab order on auto it works fine.

If I make even one change to the tab order, anywhere in the document, on opening the pdf and tabbing it will go to page 2 first.

Unfortunately, the tab order does need some tweaking which I may end up fixing with setFocus(), but would like to figure out what's going on.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=1ef89c07-d057-489a-aac4-9af17993 8929

Tab going to page 2 on opening

Hi Jono,

I would be interested in how people are doing tabbing, as its always caused me so much trouble.?I've never had any luck with the given up using the Tab Order panel in Designer.?I've always done tabbing manually in the XML Source view, removing all %26lt;traversal%26gt; elements and then adding my own %26lt;traversal%26gt; element and using a fully qualified SOM expression.?This way I get exactly what a keyboard user would expect, though a ''read out aloud'' function would miss a lot of the document.?This is painful enough but what is worse is that once done the any change to the forms layout and I have to redo the %26lt;traversal%26gt; elements, so it is always the last thing I do.

Anyway your problem is the %26lt;traversal%26gt; element below.

?%26lt;traversal%26gt;
?%26lt;traverse operation=''first'' ref=''subSetOff[0].Text3[0]''/%26gt;
?%26lt;/traversal%26gt;

In the XML Source view find this and remove it.?It's in the MainSub subform so on entry to that subform focus is set to ''subSetOff[0].Text3[0]'' which has

?%26lt;traversal%26gt;
?%26lt;traverse ref=''Text3[1]''/%26gt;
?%26lt;/traversal%26gt;

which then has

%26lt;traversal%26gt;
?%26lt;traverse ref=''OngoingPayment[0]''/%26gt;
%26lt;/traversal%26gt;

So you end up on page two

I often find I'm better off without any?%26lt;traversal%26gt; elements.

Bruce

Tab going to page 2 on opening

Thanks, forgot about the traversal tags, haven't had to play with them for a while - tab order has been pretty good since the last big update.

No comments:

Post a Comment