Sunday, April 4, 2010

why is my image printing out negatively?

my image is fine on screen and then when I go to print preview, it is the negative (or something like it).?I didn't check off ''negative'' in output either.?why is this doing this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! thank you.

why is my image printing out negatively?

Well at this point I would suggest grabbing a crayon.

why is my image printing out negatively?

can someone please help me??!!!

does it help to note that I am using CS4??I tried the same file on a co worker's CS2 version and it was fine.?this sucks.?is there a way to fix this?

Somewhere in your printer driver settings (not the Photoshop print settings), it is set to print negative.

That, or your printer driver has a massive bug in it.

Did you go through ALL the possible places that can have a neg setting in the printer setup??There are a lot of separate places where print settings reside.

Also, some printers used to do this when sent a cmyk jpg, although I have not seen that for a long, long time...

I don't know your experience level, but sometimes people confuse 'reverse' and don't realise it means negative.

Is it just one file or every file?

Is it all apps?

Is it spot colour?

Did you print from the same app on both machines (but only diff versions)?

Is it 16 bit?

You haven't given much background info...

Hello,

No, I'm afraid I didn't go through all the places that may have a neg setting - I only know of the printer dialog box.

The CMYK thing might be it - I have to check it. I did at one point change the image to CMYK and then back to RGB but I'm using a new printer - Canon IP4600.

Not all apps, just Photoshop

yes, I printed from photoshop on both machines, just different versions of photoshop

not all files, just some

I believe it is 8 bit.

what do you think?

thank you (to everyone)

Umma

Print the file to the Adobe PDF printer. This will produce a PDF output. Is the image wrong in the PDF?

  • face cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment