Friday, April 2, 2010

Define Screen resolutions in IE6/7,...

Hello Community,

I'm a intermidate user of Dreamweaver CS3. My files consist of html and Spry; but when I go to publish them on CD for my customers, the resolutions for both browsers are completely off. How can I fix this and what resources would I use to make sure that my data would be to the exact screen resolution as my customers PC screens? Please Help!!

Define Screen resolutions in IE6/7,...

The screen resolution is always the same. 92 dpi or 72 dpi depending on if you are on a Mac or a PC.?Frankly I could be wrong on this, I don't know how the switch to Intel has affected the Mac, if at all... So You can just design all your graphics at 72 dpi and you will be safe.

Now if you are talking about screen size, you only have two options.?Design your site size / page width to the lowest common denomination that you feel is important.?In today's market 1000 pixels wide is pretty safe, it used to be 800 but most of the real world has finally moved past that. Or you could design your page width to be liquid, that is to expand to whatever the width of the browser window is, although it's very difficult to do this and still have a site with any kind of design integrity at the outer reaches of screen width.

What you are probably running into here is just inherently part of HTML.?It's downfall from a design perspective is it's strength in delivery.?HTML works almost everywhere, but this flexibility is very difficult to design well.

--
Lawrence *Adobe Community Expert*
www.Cartweaver.com
Complete Shopping Cart Application for
Dreamweaver, available in ASP, PHP and CF
www.twitter.com/LawrenceCramer

Define Screen resolutions in IE6/7,...

I kinda understand what your saying; however, what is the best way to make a liquid site which will work for both PC and Mac's. Will I have to take any extra steps to create this, or will I have all the resources at the Adobe site? I have CS3, unfortunately at the time I cannot afford the upgrade to CS4. What are my chances that CS3 will create powerful executions like CS4.

Ech0_7

No comments:

Post a Comment